Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos

lunes, 24 de septiembre de 2012

Desfilar: To March

I can't much remember if I have ever been in a Fourth of July parade. Perhaps once or twice as a young child, but my largest involvment was sauntering alongside fellow youngersters. That is not how the children here march in a parade, perhaps the little 3, 4, and 5 year olds, but for the rest, something a lot more complex was the order for the day...

To the sound of a surprisingly well organized group of marching musicians we had dancing girls in costumes, marching boys with fancy stick things, and a whole lot of walking. I think the parade lasted abut 4 hours and I walked in admiration and amazement at the constant energy the kids displayed while executing their walking/pom poming/marching/playing etc.

All this took place to celebrate Día de Independencia the Honduran independence day. Hopefully these photos will give you an idea of what the day was like.

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario