Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos

domingo, 25 de noviembre de 2012

Reflejar: To Reflect

Intentionality. About a month ago the volunteers left for a staff retreat. We sequestered ourself near Honduras largest lake and began to reflect, ponder, wonder, whisper, and drink. It's not often you get to enjoy one of the only places in Honduras which brews its own beer. (Side note if there are only two I have been to both). This weekend was about thinking, what can I do better, what have I accomplished so far, where do I want to go with my relationship to the kids... and questions as such. Here are some collected thoughts and photos from our weekend retreat.

-All service stems from love we can't really help someone if we don't first love them. (Mother Teresa)

-Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you, pray that I may have the grace, to let you be my servant too. (Catholic hymn, Servant Song)

-Remember that the most important thing at the end of the day, is for your kids to you know that they are loved, not in general, but individually, sincerely loved. (Caroline, veteran volunteer)

 

There may have also been some swimming and a this-would-never-be-legal-in-the-USA hiking underneath a waterfall tour....

(Yes we hiked under/beind that giant bottom of what waterfall, and jumped in that pool toward the bottom left corner...)

 

Who knows how, but somehow we managed to enjoy our weekend off. And, considering I co-arranged it all with two other volunteers, I'm more than happy it turned out so well. It was a little heavy on the debit card when I closed my weekend food/drink tab, but what can you expect from a guy that eats rice and beans all week :)

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario