Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos

viernes, 21 de junio de 2013

Luchar: to struggle

What better word for this half year of teaching that I have made it through so far. Struggle. There have been excellent moments, and there have been some I'd rather not repeat. Being a first year teaching is very difficult, especially in my second language. There are time when I know I could do a better job if I were teaching in English and not being at my best is frustrating; however, the challenge of it all is so much more beneficial to me (even if I admit it through gritted teeth). Unfortunately, being a first year teacher is just part of the deal, you have to start somewhere. As ALL professional teachers can tell you, it is tough, but if I just keeping preparing myself mentally I usually can accept the fact I am not as good now as I will be in 10 years and can move on.

 

Below I would like to take you through a picture journey of our year so far... here we go.

 

Begginings:




Donations:

 

Learning:

(I love this learning wall, it is such a visual way to see what we have covered so far this year!)




Vocabulary and Concepts:




The Chittlins/Chiquitos/Rugrats:

(ven diagram the first graders did of instruments that make high/low sounds... or both)

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario